Wednesday, June 27, 2012

In case you missed it

It has really been a lot of fun for me to be able to create and cook new meals and share them with everyone on the world wide web. I started this blog on January 9 of this year because I love to write and I love to cook. I cannot do these things, as it stands now, for my day job so this outlet has been great for me.
It's been even more rewarding to see how many people enjoy reading my blog and cooking the recipes I share! I never would have imagined I could have kept people entertained for this long! Whether it's the food or the stories or the experiences you enjoy, it is my hope that I can continue sharing and you can continue reading.

In honor of YOU, my readers, I have taken a look back at my most popular posts. And for any newbie home cooks out there, perhaps some of these will once again inspire you to try your hand at delicious homemade meal.

So here they are -- in case you missed it -- the top recipes from "Gas Stove Girl"
January 2012 to July 2012!

5. Fifth place is held by two of my newer recipes.

Chicken Pot Pockets
Warm veggies and chicken swimming in gravy reminscent of a hearty pot pie get a new look when I placed them into pockets of puff pastry. Great for a dinner party, as you can easily make the filling a day ahead of time.

Simple Guacamole
Avocados, finely diced onions, a ripened tomato, fresh lime juice, garlic, and seasonings make this summertime dip unforgettable. Need something quick to bring to a summer cook out? This recipe has you covered!

4. A dessert and a dinner tied for fourth place.

Nutella Brownies
Inspired by a gluten-free blogger, these bites of brownies have all the flavor profiles of our favorite cocoa-hazlenut spread. Great to bring to a birthday party for a quick, low maintenance, and bite-size dessert!

Chicken Noodle Soup with a Lemony Twist
Lemon zest is the most amazing ingredient, and it elevates a classic chicken noodle soup recipe to the next level. The flavor profiles marry beautifully the longer the soup simmers. Feel a cold coming on? Or a chill in the air? Load up on chicken stock and get cooking!

3. Stuffed Chicken
Pantry clearing dinners don't need to consist of Kraft Mac and Cheese and hot dogs. In this post, I show you how I took my leftovers and created a juicy and flavorful dinner that can rival with any restaurant chicken dish!

2. Spinach and Goat Cheese Lasagna Roll Ups
Lasagna gets a massive makeover with a few ingredient upgrades and a new look. Instead of layering marinara, meat, cheese, and noodles, I made pasta rolls with ricotta, goat cheese, spinach and garlic. Top with the perfect homemade pesto and cheese, bake 'em, and enjoy. Want to serve a meal to a bigger group at a small cost? This recipe will have your friends thinking you've taken cooking classes!

1. Finally -- all of these Awesome Appetizer Recipes from Food Network Chefs
It's no surprise this post came on top as the far away winner. There is so much you can learn and even more that you can cook. Each of these recipes are not difficult and they make serving a crowd a sinch! I've never hosted a cocktail party before, but these recipes made sure that I didn't disappoint! Give one or all a try!

What has been YOUR favorite "Gas Stove Girl" post? Any requests for the cook behind the computer?!

No comments:

Post a Comment