Monday, January 9, 2012

What's this about?

Welcome to my new blog, "Gas Stove Girl"! I have tried many times in the past to maintain a blog with a clear direction. Ultimately it turned into miniature rants I had about whatever was bothering me at the time. I learned that this type of online journal is not the way to get and retain followers of any kind. It also didn't provide me an opportunity to share experiences with others.

Cue "Gas Stove Girl," my amateur way of fulfilling my Food Network dreams. I love to cook! I have no formal training. More importantly, I LOVE EATING! My kitchen has one small swath of counter space, a microwave, a rice cooker, a George Foreman grill, and of course a GAS STOVE!

I have fun in the kitchen remaking family recipes, from my family and my boyfriend's. I pretend I am a pro and try my hand at some Food Network staples. I have a number of cookbooks I like to peruse. Some things work out well and some things go very wrong. These are my stories, my food experiences, my restaurant critiques, and my amateur cook tips.

Please check back every week for updates, reviews, recipes, and tips! I want you to start having as much fun in the kitchen and during meals as I have -- even if you aren't a five star chef.

Food is our common ground, a universal experience. - James Beard

No comments:

Post a Comment