Friday, May 26, 2017

Recent Eats - Volume 5 and Memorial Day Recipes!

Raise your hand if you're excited for the long weekend! *Raises hand super high*

My husband and I have a long list of house to-dos, and we will probably be spending an absurd amount of time in the garden center at Home Depot. I've never done much landscaping or gardening, but luckily we have that little thing called the internet (speaking of, how did anyone own a home, plan a wedding, or cook anything before the internet?!) It's been a little quiet around here, but I have been doing a bit of cooking and eating! Check back next week for new recipes, and see below for Memorial Day Cook Out inspiration!

It's totally acceptable to make your own birthday cake


Last weekend, we had some friends over for a joint birthday party and housewarming party, and I whipped up a homemade funfetti cake to celebrate. No matter what cake I'm making, I always use this easy yellow butter cake from The Kitchn and Joy the Baker's classic buttercream. I added about a cup of sprinkles to the batter and viola! Funfetti!

Grilling season!


I got the most ah-mazing birthday present from the hubs--a new gas grill! I had been saying how badly I wanted a grill now that we have a backyard, and now those dreams have come true! For the maiden voyage, I grilled up some beautiful bone-in pork chops and simply brushed them with BBQ sauce in the last 10 minutes of cooking. I also made grilled corn on the cob, which our friend smartly taught us is even better when slathered in butter and sprinkled with lemon pepper! Seriously, you have got to try this! What's your favorite meal to cook on the grill?

Doughnut Mastery

A friend and I recently took a doughnut-making class at The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts where we learned how to make 3 different varieties of doughnuts! Baked, fried, berliner, the works! I had never eaten doughnuts for dinner until then..,and wow was it delicious! I have a whole packet of doughnut recipes to get through, but these Boston Creme Doughnuts were so addicting. I mean...


Memorial Day Round-up!

As the unofficial kick-off to summer, it's very important that we jump into Memorial Day Weekend with some super tasty recipes. Here are some of my favorite summer cook-out recipes and I think you'll love them, too!


Fresh Corn and Pesto Salad


Watermelon, Feta and Spinach Salad


Caprese Pasta Salad


Creamy White Bean Dip


Spinach and Artichoke Hummus Dip


Spiked Ginger Tea Lemonade


Lemon Bars


Vanilla Coconut Macaroons

No comments:

Post a Comment