Monday, March 11, 2013

Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Pizza

 

Look, guys. I know what people are saying about me.

I've gone mad. I need to go to Spin Dip Lovers Anonymous. You and carbohydrates make me crazy.

It's OK...I think the rumors are true. I love spinach and artichoke dip.  I surely love pizza. Of course I had to marry the two together for something completely out of the box that is worth every calorie.


I have such a small amount of pictures for this post because I made this pizza for some guests on Oscar night and I couldn't hold them back any longer!!

OK, really, I was just embarrassed to have people witness my behind-the-scenes work...blogger blush.

I used the pizza crust recipe from this post to get things going. That recipe yields two 13-inch pizzas, so here is my second creation. The measurements below would be for two pizzas. Is that confusing? I only made one, but I'm giving you the measurements for two. Did that help? UGH MONDAY.


This pizza is exactly what it sounds like...a simple spinach and artichoke dip topped with chicken and mozzarella cheese. It is so gooey and rich, with the slight bite of artichoke and soft undertone of spinach. The pizza crust makes this easy to eat in a party setting. Remember not to over-fill your pizza crust or else you won't get as puffy of a crust and it might get tough.



Here's what you need for Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Pizza

1 can quartered artichokes, drained and chopped
1 10-oz box frozen chopped spinach
1 8-oz. block 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese (grating your cheese fresh helps it melt MUCH better!)
2/3 cup cooked chicken, diced
2 fresh or frozen pizza crusts (these measurements will give you enough toppings for 2 pizzas. Half the recipe for one pizza or serve the additional spinach mixture with chips and vegetables).
Olive oil

Here's what you do

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Boil the artichoke quarters and spinach in a small pot until the spinach defrosts. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.

Stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, and parmesan cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add the cooked vegetables and stir until completely combined.

Roll out the first pizza dough onto a preheated pizza pan or stone and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Evenly spread out half of the filling, leaving about 1/2 inch on the border to create a crust. Top with 1/3 cup of the chicken and half the mozzarella cheese. Drizzle the top lightly with more olive oil to help the cheese bubble and brown.

Bake for 15 to 17 minutes until pizza crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted entirely. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Repeat with second pizza crust.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Ana from Fooduel.com. It is a site in which users vote recipes
    from 1 to 10.

    There is a ranking of the best recipes and a profile with your voted recipes. Each recipe has a link to the blog which belongs the recipe. This way you will get traffic to your blog

    It's easy, fast and fun. The best Photo recipes will be here.

    I invite you to enter, add your blog and upload a recipe with a nice photo for user of the world look your recipes.

    We would love that you participate with some recipe.Look Amazing!

    Regards

    http://www.Fooduel.com

    ReplyDelete