Sunday, June 9, 2013

S'mores Milkshakes


Are you excited? I mean, this post is about milkshakes. And not just any old milkshake...a milkshake inspired by the epic summer campfire treat--S'MORES!

I can sense your excitement from here! Sure, it's Monday. But that doesn't mean we can't spoil ourselves. This milkshake is the ultimate indulgence.


I was taking a bike ride around Boston the other day; on my way home I started smelling a campfire nearby. I started daydreaming about backyard campfires on warm summer nights and immediately found myself craving s'mores.

For a second I thought about going to the store and getting all the necessary fixings and making a whole bunch of s'mores. Then I decided that was probably not the most socially acceptable thing to do. So, the obvious solution was to make a S'mores Milkshake.


Let me take you through the steps that stand between you and a most delicious dessert treat.

Chocolate ice cream. Creamy, dreamy chocolate ice cream.


Open-flame toasted marshmallows.


Graham crackers! Milk! Everything in a blender! Whizz it up until it's at the consistency that you like.


Lastly, I drizzle each serving with chocolate sauce and stick in a graham cracker and toasted marshmallow for garnish. How ADORABLE are these?!


And if you think they look mouthwatering, just wait until you take your first sip. Sweet chocolate with crunchy bits of graham crackers and toasted marshmallows. The chocolate drizzle takes everything to the next level. This is truly irresistible.


Here's what you need for S'mores Milkshakes (Print Recipe!)

6 large campfire marshmallows, plus 2 for garnish
1 14-oz container of chocolate ice cream
4 graham crackers, plus 1 for garnishes
1 cup 1% milk (more or less depending on how thick you prefer)
Chocolate sauce

Here's what you do

Toast the marshmallows until golden brown over an open flame. I simply used one of the burners on my gas stove. Set aside to cool slightly.

In a blender, combine the ice cream, 4 graham crackers, milk, and 6 marshmallows. Blend until smooth and well combined, about 2 30-second pulses. Add more milk, a tablespoon or so at a time, until the mixture thins out and is drinkable.

Pour the mixture evenly between two glasses. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top. Garnish with a marshmallow and a big piece of graham cracker. Enjoy immediately!


1 comment: